Wednesday 6 May 2015

The Light on Spoilers, Heavy on Squee Preview of Supernatural 10x21 "Dark Dynasty"



GUYS! I'M GETTING REAL NERVOUS! We have 3 episodes left in the season and I don't know what's going to happen! Which is the way it's supposed to be. The only prediction I have is that it's going to give me feels and I probably won't like it! I'm serious though, my tummy started to hurt when I began to write this. I don't think I can handle anything like last season ever again, and Jensen and Jared seem to think it's worse! Or more intense. Which sounds worse! I'm nervous!



THEN HAIKU

THE BOOK OF THE DAMNED
DID NOT GET BURNT BY SAMMY
DEAN WILL BE SO PISSED


NOW HAIKU

DON'T LET CHARLIE DIE
DON'T LET DEAN BE MAD WITH SAM
HEART BREAK HERE WE COME



Right. Now. Let's just crack into this impending mess of dooooooooom!

Synopsis-aroony!


THE WINCHESTERS MEET THE STYNES — Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Sam (Jared Padalecki) investigate a bizarre murder and realize the killer bears the same tattoo as those from the Styne family. Eldon Styne (guest star David Hoflin) attacks Dean and a brutal fight ensues. Meanwhile, Castiel (Misha Collins) acts as referee when Charlie (guest star Felicia Day) and Rowena (guest star Ruth Connell) are forced to work together on the Book of the Damned. Crowley (Mark Sheppard) discovers his mother is missing and knows she’s up to something so he turns to an old enemy for help. Robert Singer directed this episode written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner (#1021). Original airdate 5/6/2015.


Ooooo Bob Singer directed this one! Neat! Eugenie and Brad last wrote, "Paint it Black". This is their fourth episode this season! That's a big slate! They always have ALL the characters in their episodes, with a few different arcs going - but at this end of the season, we know all the arcs are intersecting. With the Cas/Claire storyline now wrapped up, we can focus totally on the Mark of Freakin' Cain (its full name), but we still have the Crowley/Rowena threads to tie, and it looks like this might take place, or at least begin to, in this episode. Who do you think the old enemy is? 

Oh and did I mention I'm pretty happy we get to see Charlie again! DON'T KILL HER, SHOW!


Let's check out the promos, we got a short one and then an extended version...



OMG. That line of Rowena's is the best! So funny. What's not funny is Dean's face when he's trying to remain composed and it's just sunk in that Sam's been lying and he didn't destroy the book. GAH! 

What's the deal with these Stynes? How come they seem super human. I feel like that's one of them jumping out of the window.

Also, Sam is so busted. SO BUSTED. That's Sam's I'm so busted face when he runs into Dean in the bunker. Like his so busted face in the car last week. This time I think Dean's going to take a bit of a different tack. HE IS SOOOOO BUSTED.

Charlie is smiling at the end there - just before someone bursts in on her - someone Styneish I assume. Does that mean she was on to an answer? Are they going to take the book just as it's about to be cracked, leaving no hope? That's what I think is going to happen. That's what I think is going to push Dean to make some kind of drastic decision regarding the Mark of Cain. Eeeeeeep! But, oh please show, don't do anything to Charlie, that would be too much. Too much for everyone. Dean would be destroyed. Sam would be destroyed and riddled with guilt. And I can't see Dean ever forgiving Sam for bringing her into this mess if something fatal does indeed happen to her. So no, don't do that show, because that would be just the worst. Just. Don't.

Oh and one more thing... WET WINCHESTERS! This is the second time this season we've seen the boys out in the rain, dripping wet! I likes it!


Sneak peek!


The Death Star! Bless Charlie. And I love how she dresses like a hunter these days. Plaid and khaki! (Don't do anything bad to Charlie, show!)

I love how Sam has to turn around when he admits to not burning the book. He can't face Charlie. He can't look at her when he tells her about Rowena either. He has to look away. He so knows everything he is doing is wrong-town, regardless of the reason he's doing it, and I support the reason wholeheartedly.

I also think he's become a little obsessed/one-eyed about the whole thing, because it's not that Dean's given up at all, it's that he sees no way out that isn't going to hurt the ones he loves or possibly the entire planet, and so he's fighting it on a personal level, knowing he'll eventually lose, but choosing to face that loss on his own terms, fists flying in defiance and without taking anyone down with him. I think that's a long way off giving up, or even giving in. 

But Sam can only see one thing right now, saving Dean, above everything else, including the well being of anyone who might be able to help. Because that book is bad news bears, and doing a deal with Rowena, regardless of the desired outcome, is never going to turn out well. But asking Charlie to work with this evil witch? Yep, not good. Not good at all! Probably a really bad decision. Definitely a really bad decision!

Don't get me wrong here, I love that Sam is willing to do anything, try anything to help save his brother. One, because I love their love - dysfunctional as it may be, I love and adore their love, and I love that Sam will do whatever it takes for Dean. That he knows he just can't let him go, he can't lose him, he can't live with out him. Oh boy, I love all that with a fiery passion. The other reason I love it is because it's exactly how Dean would react in the face of losing Sam. In fact it is how he reacted, and the mirroring of the brother's paths in season 9 and 10 has been so great. I've loved it.

I have one question though... If Rowena is chained up all the time...how does he go to the loo? Or maybe she can sort that out with witchcraft. Enquiring minds need to know! It's important stuffs!



Okie, dokie, what has the Carver got to say?


I do not like Rowena's last line ONE LITTLE BIT. Not a bit. Do not let that be foreshadowing. Nope. Nope. Dean's getting worse, Sam's getting more desperate, Rowena's getting more devious, Charlie love the Winchesters like brothers. She's in deep SHIT!

So how are you all feeling? What are your thoughts? Mine are screaming in fear...in the best possible Supernatural way. Remind me why I love this show again, seeing as it gives me PAIN, PAIN AND MORE PAIN? Oh yes, because it's AWESOME!

Sound off in the comments! Enjoy the epi! Here's some boys to take the edge off!
-sweetondean



P.S. I'm sorry I haven't got to the "Angel Heart" review yet. I got distracted by my muddy boys post and also, I'm writing a book I hadn't touched in about a year and I suddenly got all inspired! So that's been taking up my time. But I promise I will get to the review!
-sweetondean (again)




12 comments:

  1. I love your very through SPOILER PREVIEWS.
    =] xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty much already biting my nails and anticipating some yelps, jumps and OH S.......ts!!!! What is this decision Dean makes. Oh my heart aches already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No not Charlie. The boys will never get past that. Not Ever....

    ReplyDelete
  4. At this stage I'm nervous and afraid for everyone. Not ready to lose them, not ready for the another hiatus. And what a contradiction - the sadder SamnDean the happier J2 in "real life". It's magic, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the preview. I'm so afraid at this late stage in the game. And pleeeeeease, do not kill Charlie or Cass or Crowley or Dean or Sam (goes without saying, but you never know). Rowena, go right ahead! Although I have been finding her quite entertaining these past few episodes. Love the still shot of her doing her nails. A woman has got her priorities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all I know is ....I don't trust dean and haven't trusted him since the executioner's song. I don' t think dean is control anymore...I think the moc is in control now. there have been examples of dean not being dean for quite a few eps now...the last episode being the last example...all that talk about being stronger alone...that's the moc talking....the moc wants to survive and sam, cas, Charlie are all a threat to it's survival...the moc is slowly influencing dean to go off on his own, to push everyone who wants to save him away....and since when does dean let teenager take a weapon and a book on angels so she can use that weapon...once upon a time, dean would've taken that weapon away and told that girl to live a safe and normal life...not let her go off with a weapon and a how to manual that could shorten her lifespan....did you see his face when styne told him the book can't be destroyed...it wasn't panic....it was..oh really..is that so...i'm going to have to do something about that...at least to me anyway....so it makes me pause....is dean upset with sam because he's worried for her safety? I'm leaning towards no....I think dean was upset because Charlie could actually figure out the damn book and that the moc doesn't want because it would lead to it's destruction....

    just saying......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the note Jensen was writing and the fact certain things about the finale have got me thinking MOC has control of Dean and sorry spoilers from just on set photos I have seen but fact that how did Demon Dean feel about the car; car has to be pushed out of ditch. I am thinking survival also now that Cain is dead Dean is only one wearing the mark so no one can really kill dean unless he transfers mark and guessing he doesn't know how. and he wouldn't do that to anyone else. But if I were Sam and Cas with Dean's expression of finding out book still around and he knows the mark wants book it should be intresting if stynes get book or Dean by finale. And something said at convention about Deans vessel can't die but something can take dean over we would see Jensen but wouldn't be Dean. so I am wondering spell does something to Dean not take mark but make him into something else that is not Dean anymore. Snowballing here.

      Delete
    2. (SPOILERY CONVERSATION)

      I kind of feel like we've seen that though. Dean was not Dean at the end of last and the beginning of this season. The Mark did take him over and turn him into something else. Would they do that again? Even though we've already seen that? Yes, it could be something other than a demon, it could be something different, but essentially it would be a very similar path with Dean not Dean and Sam back to trying to get regain his brother. I feel like they won't repeat that storyline.

      We've already seen Dean's vessel not being able to die. Rowena couldn't kill him. Dean knows that he is currently immortal due to the MoC not allowing its vessel to die. He's told Sam and Benny that, so that's something we already know and something Dean already knows, so that's not going to be a reveal.

      I do wonder if the Mark or Dean is now in control. But I don't think it's as cut and dry as one or the other. I think Dean is fighting the Mark and I think that sometimes he's winning and sometimes he's not. The hold over him isn't as great because the Blade is at a distance - I think the Blade greatly intensifies the power of the Mark over the vessel. Dean has been practically Bladeless all season, and even when he did have the Blade, he managed to pull himself to overcome the Mark long enough to hand the Blade off to Cas. Which is another thing - does that put Cas in danger from the Mark?

      Then again, Dean may be totally unaware that his actions and reactions are being driven by the Mark. But I'm also of the opinion, we are often shown that the supernatural greatly underestimates the strength and the tenactiy of the Winchesters. I don't, so I wouldn't be surprised if Dean surprises us and the Mark of Cain with his power to overcome - to make a choice that doesn't allow the Mark of Cain to take him and win.

      The spell to remove the Mark of Cain, could remove it from our world not just from the wearer, which would mean Dean would sacrifice himself to destroy the Mark once and for all - maybe taking the Book of the Damned with him - is this something that could happen?

      Dean's note to Sam is obviously something to do with the big decsion he makes that affects them both, maybe that's what the decision is, one of self sacrifice. The latest spoiler from EW makes me think that Sam finds the note but Dean's not with it, and the note breaks Sam's heart. Hence the buckets of tears.

      Whatever happens, I think we will be totally surprised with what they end up doing for the cliffhanger. I've got a feeling we won't see it coming, they've been great at hiding the forward motion of the story this season.

      I am totally freaked out, I might add. After last season, which left me in a state of grief for a good couple of months, I hate to think how this is going to affect me. These brothers are so deeply embedded into my heart, soul, life, that they are real and tangeable to me and whatever happens to them affects me more that I care to think about! I can't stand the thought of something awful happening to Dean again. I can't stand the thought of Sam having to face losing Dean when he's said in his outloud voice that he can't face it all without his brother. We've seen how that affects him. He will be lost. I can't stand the thought of the boys being separated physically or emotionally or both, after all they've clawed back over the last couple of seasons.

      I think I'm in real trouble....

      Delete
  7. what i'm wondering is...is dean far gone enough to let styne "escape" so he can get to Charlie and the book before Sam does? after all without Charlie and the book, moc dean lives on doesn't he....and what better way to push sam away then to make sam believe he's all pissed off regarding Charlie and have him feel guilty over something happening to her....

    what a perfect plan..if i'm moc dean what better way to instill my survival than to

    get rid of the book by conveniently letting styne escape
    get rid of the person who can decode it and bonus....get rid of the person who's part of their family....which will in turn enable moc dean to push sam away with fake anger regarding sam's guilt and thus breaking sam.....a broken sam certainly won't be a threat to the moc....

    what....too much? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. the only problem amy is that dean can't sacrifice himself. the moc protects his vessel. if dean wrote some note claiming that he was going to end it all and he took the book with him, all he's really doing is taking the only thing that could save him and running off with it so that sam can't get rid of the mark.

    all you really get with dean running off his moc dean with the only thing in this world that can destroy it and possibly hiding it somewhere long enough so that the moc can totally take over....

    like I said, i'm afraid I can't trust dean...and all his decisions now are most likely influenced by the moc...and the moc wants to survive....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to tell you that I love you so much. I check your blog every day and I listen to all of your podcast. You sound so genuine and nice, and I love the way you write. You're so cool.

    ReplyDelete