Wednesday 25 May 2016

Supernatural Light on Spoilers, Heavy on OMG IT'S THE SEASON FINALE *RUNS AROUND SCREAMING* Preview of Episode 11x23 - Alpha and Omega


-by sweetondean


OMGGGGGGGGG IT'S FINALE TIME! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS DON'T YOU!?



So here we are, my friends...the end of another season. Season 11. I would never have thought that when I started writing about this show in season 5, that 6 years later I'd still be writing about it! But here I am, still with the needing to say stuff about the show I love. And I love it even more now than I did back then. With a passion. I am so committed to all the characters in this show, that the finale instills in me feelings of deep anxiety! Because when they hurt, I hurt. The pain of season 5's Swan Song and season 9's Do You Believe in Miracles is still etched into my heart...kinda like those little marks the cupids leave.


This season has been one of my favourites. Which is some kind a of amazing achievement for a show in its 11th season! I've loved all the various arcs and intersecting arcs. Amara's arc built around a sibling conflict and based on betrayal and hurt - like we've seen happening way closer to home in the past, I've loved how Dean fought the bond between him and the Darkness, and how Sam stood by him, willing to take on the fight for his brother. The Lucifer into Cas thing was super surprising, as was God's actual appearance, and hanging about in the bunker! I've loved the monster of the week episodes and the old school hunt vibe they've had. But most of all, I've loved where the brothers have been at this season. LOVED. The brothers brought me into this show, and they're the characters I'm most profoundly bonded to, and to have ridden out so many bad times, and see them finally find some peace and harmony in their relationship has been incredibly rewarding. They've had to face a lot of their own personal demons to get here, experience the same things, see the story from the other side, be put through the mill so that they can see their brother's perspective, and come out the other side with a better understanding of each other, and how they've hurt each other in the past. Faced with losing that relationship and each other brought them closer together. They admit they will both do anything to save each other. It's also brought them back to where they started, saving people - all the people... 

I've loved every moment of Sam and Dean this season. They've been a steadfast team, they've talked about how they feel, or how they don't want to talk about how they feel. Their secrets have been few and far between...and when they do come out, aren't judged. Their confidence in each other has opened up a new found honesty. I'm so proud of them!

Of course this makes me even more terrified for the finale! Because I feel like they've worked so hard to get to this place, We all have! And I don't want them ripped apart! Again! ARGH! I considered last season a happy ending! Darkness be damned, the boys were together in the Impala, side by side, and they weren't pissed off at each other! HAPPY ENDING! I feel like we won't get that 2 years in a row. And with so many of our characters in play, and all appearing in the finale...will everyone get out alive(ish)? Meep!

Me watching the show. Basically.

Let's get straight to the synopsis...pretty sure you know where we've been!

“Alpha and Omega”

GOD VS. AMARA – God (guest star Rob Benedict) comes to a decision about Amara (guest star Emily Swallows) that has direct repercussions for Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles). Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb (#1123).

A synopsis that officially says pretty much nothing! Well, that's no surprise. Finale synopses always give us nothing!

This episode is written by our new show runner, Andrew Dabb and directed by long time director/EP of the show, Phil Sgriccia.


And even though it doesn't say so...these guys are also in the episode! 



I'm extremely interested to see what Billie's roll is going to end up being She's been this shadowy creature, popping in and out of the season, giving information while putting forth ultimatums. I've not been sure of her purpose (other than to make me fret), from the get go...and I've always felt like that's how we're supposed to feel. I've wondered what part she'll play in the big picture. I'm guessing as there are souls involved in the finale, she may have something to do with that. But I wonder if there will be anything more?  A deal maybe? That if they rid the world of the empty - neither bro dies in the process? AM I WISHFUL THINKING? She's been an alluring mystery since we first met her in episode 2 (also written by Dabb).

To get us finale ready - the show released another gorgeous trailer - with vocals by Emily, Ruth and Briana - that reminds us what we're fighting for...the title scares the bejeebus out of me though! 


Don't you just love our show when you see it played out like that? Isn't it the most beautiful story? And it looks damn amazing. I think going back and starting at the beginning with Dean holding Sam, really does reflect the theme of this season being around the brothers fighting together. I will forever say that the real arc of season 11 was Sam and Dean's relationship.

But yeah...focusing on them like this...gives me real, full blown, fear! Because we know there's reasons!


Okay...so we got 2 promos, a short cut and an extended version.





WHY DID I EVEN THINK THAT!

Okay, so Dean's da bomb! We all knew that and twitter sure as hell went crazy with that when the first promo dropped! "...you are the bomb". Yes...yes he is. (Please don't die, please don't die, please don't die.)

I love the look of the top of this promo with the EMF and old school ghosts and the brothers hunting (for souls). It's team free everyone in this episode...I wonder what all their roles will be. And can I just point out AGAIN, EVERY ONE IS IN THE SECRET BUNKER!





Okay so we have a sneak peek... It don't give us much!



So it looks like the show is leaving the door open on Lucifer. They're not saying he's dead, we just don't know where he is...so that means (unless his death is made certain), at some point somewhere down the track if they needed to they could return to that character. Cas is back and I'm super happy about that. I've enjoyed Misha's take on Lucifer, but in recent outings, it's just made me miss Cas more! God feels like a bug...but at least he's alive! It'll be interesting to see if Amara's whammy had the affect she was going for. I have to say that I adore that the last few episodes have picked up where they've left off...giving the final four episodes a one great big finale feel! 


If anything else drops for the finale I'll be back.


Until then, stay strong...we're stronger together remember! Be nice to each other...we all get a bit cranky around this time of year! And no matter what happens, remember, the boys will be back...we have a season 12...so they will (eventually) be (sorta) okay. I do think this is going to be big though, I think whatever happens is going to set off something for Season 12 that's going to be big! I just don't want anyone to die...'k? Seriously though...NO TO THE DYING!

HANG IN THERE FANDAMILY!




I leave you with feels....


-sweetondean


3 comments:

  1. I just discovered your website and have spent the last four days reading all your posts. Thank you for creating and maintaining a place where those of us who just plain love the show can hang out and enjoy it. I love the show because it is always good television and that's what I want to watch. I don't want to read complaints or arguments-I can get those in my real life.

    Every show I know "runs out of gas," by which I mean the writers run out of ideas and the cast and crew start dialing it in, to use a whole bunch of accurate colloquialisms. Characters don't usully grow or mature, but are basically the same at the beginning and end of a series. Weddings, pregnancies and character deaths are tossed in to generate interest, but characters don't grow.

    Supernatural is different. Boy have these two guys grown up in every way possible. They started out as lads and now they are men, in every good sense of that sexist word.

    And I have loved every minute.

    Thank you for giving me a place I can celebrate this show and a real fan's love for it.

    That said, I'm very worried for everyone tomorrow night, and for me as I have to get through the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there and welcome!

      I'm so happy you've found us here at sweetondean and I hope that you continue to like the articles.

      This most definitely is a place to get your squee on - I probably squee enough for everyon - but there's plenty of excitement for our show here!

      Supernatural is different I agree - it's different and wonderful and that's why it's been going so long and why we all love it so much.

      I'm also worried about tomorrow - but I've survived 10 finales, I CAN DO THIS!

      I hope to see you around joining in the comments. Thanks and hugs for the finale!
      -sweetondean

      Delete
  2. I just finished watching it and thought it was awesome. The set up for next Season ties into many past episodes and will open up endless opportunities for fan fiction.

    ReplyDelete